5 Melbourne Musts
MELBOURNE, Australia - Whether it's your first time to Melbourne or you're a local wanting to explore the hot spots in under 24 hours, the DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street team has you covered. From the best brunch spots to accommodation tips, the below list of '5 Melbourne Musts in under 24 hours' ensures you experience the best of what Melbourne has to offer.
1. First things first, let's find a bed! For those who don't live in Melbourne, finding affordable and convenient accommodation can be a difficult process. Melbourne's a big city, so it's important to ensure you don't get trapped too far from the action! As we've all heard before, location, location, location. Here are our three tips when sourcing accommodation:
- Read the reviews
- Study a map
- Stick to a budget
2. Brunch-in, brunch-out. Melbournians are famous for their smashed avo, breaky burgers and fritters, but who does it best? Cumulus Inc. have been identified as the 'brunch connoisseurs' by Melbourne locals, making it a must try! Located on Flinders Lane, this place oozes trendy and serves up some stellar dishes. If you can't make it for brunch, it's also open for lunch and dinner - #winning.
3. See the city. Literally see the city. The Melbourne Star is a must for every local, newbie and tourist. The Star projects seriously amazing views of Melbourne, overlooking the Yarra River, stunning city skyline and iconic buildings, allowing you to see the city in less than 20 minutes!
4. Get the Melbourne experience. The city is covered in art, and it's vital that you take the time to see some. Head to Centre Place or AC/DC Lane and get cultured (Melbourne style). These lanes boast some of Melbourne's best street artists and will also provide an awesome Instagram photo (yes, we know what you're really after).
5. EAT. AGAIN. Melbourne has been identified as the food capital of Australia, and with this title, comes an array of top quality restaurants. With so much choice, selecting somewhere to dine that falls under the budget can be difficult. Platform 270, located in the heart of the CBD, is a buzzing restaurant that dishes up an authentic taste of the city. Known for their high-quality steaks and other Aussie comfort classics, this is a must try for anyone ready to devour some modern Australian.
DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne – Flinders Street
+61 407 536 400
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,000 properties with more than 825,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by HiltonTM, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by HiltonTM, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton is a fast-growing, global portfolio of more than 500 upscale hotels with more than 119,000 rooms in gateway cities, metropolitan areas and vacation destinations across six continents. DoubleTree by Hilton prides itself on paying attention to the little details that have a big impact, from welcoming guests with its signature warm DoubleTree Cookie to serving the communities around them. DoubleTree by Hilton hotels offer unique, contemporary accommodations and full-service facilities, including restaurants and lounges, room service, health clubs, business centers and meeting and banquet space. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. To make reservations, travelers may visit doubletree.com. Connect with the DoubleTree by Hilton on facebook.com/doubletree, twitter.com/doubletree and instagram.com/doubletree. Journalists may visit news.doubletree.com.